Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Coming Home: Memorial Weekend








Man, it is good to be back!

The road trip was a remarkable and an unforgettable experience. I saw so many amazing sites, attractions, and places. Nothing but good vibes and awesome memories. I got back Saturday and was able to spend the rest of the three day weekend to unwind, relax, and get situated back home. I will upload a few extra pics or outtakes from my trip that I did not upload onto my Instagram sometime this week.

Also, I am happy to say that I won my second IG contest that I've enter in for the Bellevue Square Mall's Spring IG contest in downtown Bellevue, WA. It's the second contest that I've entered and also my second time winning a prize! With the gift card, I was able to purchase a new duffel bag big and convenient enough to stuff everything I needed for my road trip. A post for that will be up on the blog either towards the end of this week or the beginning of next week. So keep on the look out for that post! 

Moving on, I spent the last days of the weekend to visit Seattle since I dearly missed my beloved city and the great Pacific Northwest! 

SUNDAY- we went to a new bakery and cafe place called Coyle's Bakeshop. It is fairly new and we decided to go check it out since the pictures on their Facebook page looked so enticing. The place is cozy, spacious, well lit, and adorable. You are able to see the staff baking away when you order. The coffee and baked goods were delicious. We had a mocha with their house made marshmallow, a hazelnut latte, a currant scone, a slice of their decadent chocolate cake, and a "cretzel"- croissant pretzel. {First Photo} They also had a rhubarb tart and an olive oil cake with rhubarb and cardamom that I will be getting the next time I'm in. 

Next we explored Capitol Hill and stumbled upon a tucked-away alley filled with new boutiques and restaurants yet to open soon. A new local ice creamery had already opened up along with a small plant and home decor shop next to it called, Niche outside. They had cute convenient home products from Japan, gardening books, plant keeping supplies, and other quaint items. {Second & Third Photo}

MONDAY- was Memorial Day and I spent another day adventuring in Seattle! Later on in the evening, I finished the night by watching the new hit movie, Mad Max. We walked around the Seattle waterfront and went go the Northwest Cultural Folklife Festival they had going on memorial weekend. For brunch {Fourth & Fifth Photo}, I went to Tilikum Place Cafe in Belltown and close to the Seattle Center. The food was delicious and the coffee made well and delicious also. Our waiter was super nice and always made sure we were doing fine. I had a sweet mini dutch baby that came in it's own pan with apples and almond streusel. I ordered a side of two eggs sunnyside up and my boyfriend ordered a crab cake eggs' benedict smothered in hollandaise sauce. Yum, and so much yes. Both orders were delicious and several other options on their menu had intrigued me as well. Gotta go back! 

Well, I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend regardless of whether it was long or not, and had gotten to enjoy some sunshine! Relax to the max in your free time! 
I will talk to you guys later! Cheers!

~Tiff 





No comments:

Post a Comment