Sunday, November 2, 2014

Saturday's Seattle mini adventures & catching up with an old friend





COZY CAFES PT. 2

Yesterday I went to a new coffee shop that an old friend of mine had opened! I couldn't be anymore proud and ecstatic for her! The first three pictures are of my friend's cafe. I wish I could've taken pictures of the interior to share with you guys. The spot is a local, cute little shop along Alki  Beach near West Seattle. It's called Moondrop Coffee &Tea. The name is cute and catchy. The place itself is quite a catch with its cozy atmosphere and rustic homey interior. The dark pine wood and brick walls make it warm and inviting. The wood tables, wooden bench, and wooden bar area are all handcrafted by the co-owner and only add to the comfortable ambiance. They have a variety of options with good selective sections that offer diversity in beverages and food/snack choices that can be easily paired with any of the drinks. 

I tried their specialty drink the Mochaccinno. A mocha and cappuccino mix, by taking the foaminess you would get from ordering a cappuccino added on top of the mocha. I paired my drink with their homemade banana and zucchini bread. Delicious and nutritious! 

The last picture is of me and my family's meals for brunch on Saturday. We went to a hidden local cafe called the Cheeky Cafe. Their usage of unique bread for their sandwiches and french toast are really moist, soft, and fluffy. Their sweet potato fries are addicting. My sister ordered their "cheeky cakes" which are a thicker and fluffier version of standard pancakes, similar to giant round scones. They were really fluffy and moist with yummy chocolate chips in them. They have a unique fusion menu with a nice range of options.

Overall it was a good day of cafe chilling and I'm definitely craving more. 

See you guys soon!

-Tiff 


No comments:

Post a Comment