Wednesday, November 5, 2014

White & Gold Color Scheme





Holiday Seasons call for a winter color scheme

Silver, gold, and white! It was my first time trying beignets and they were so so good. Delicious and addicting! I love powder sugar and that on a simple buttery and fluffy fried, donut-like dessert was a great way to start off my Sunday brunch. The beignets was the starter for the meal that I had in my previous post on my Sunday Seattle adventures, and the rest of the pictures in this post are of my minis escapades around some of my favorite places to hang and sip coffee in my home- downtown Bellevue. 

The second picture consists of a fair trade gingerbread latte and a yummy adorable organic spinach and feta cheese quiche at Caffe Ladro. The gingerbread syrup used was homemade and not overpowering or too sweet. The ginger flavor really shines through but doesn't overpower the drink. I really love the flavor of ginger and spices in general such as cumin, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and etc. No wonder autumn is fitting for me. I always fall in love with Fall! 

The last two pictures are in the same building and location. I always love going to this particular French Bakery cafe  due to the classy, chic, creative, and modern interior design of the building. Eating a moist and soft raspberry croissant filled with fresh raspberries paired to a bittersweet coffee Viennese in a calm zen spot is very relaxing. The lights are decorations hanging in the front of the building and are decorative pieces for a dental office. I thought the lights were magical, sparkly, and pretty. So why not capture a captivating sight?

All these pictures welcome the warmth of the holidays, season's greetings, December's winter, and the upcoming close to this year and moving on to new one. A sparkly silver, gold, and white theme is the star of today's post and in honor of everything to come. 
Golden brown beignets topped with powder sugar, a golden gingerbread latte with creamy white foam and golden edged quiche topped with feta cheese, golden caramel espresso accompanied by a golden sugared croissant, and then a celebration of festivity with bright white, silver, and gold lights. 

I'm excited and anticipating for days of giving thanks, snow, a merry and white Christmas, glimmering colorful lights, joy, warmth, being with the loved ones, and of a brand new shining year. I'm ready to start fresh- to clean this year's slate and begin anew. But I'll also reflect over this year's events, ups and downs, achievements, accomplishments, lessons, and tribulations and celebrate conquering another year. 

Stay tuned to more merry happenings, exciting adventures, and expect many big explorations to happen very soon, even more cause of the holiday season.

-Tiff 



No comments:

Post a Comment