Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Blog

I'm not sure who this picture belongs to, but I found it from tumblr 

I first discovered this word and its meaning years ago around the time I first created a Tumblr profile for personal use. It held so much meaning for me and it has stuck with me ever since I came across it. I had always had this feeling without knowing how to explain it, let alone there would be a term or word for the feeling. The word "sonder" was accurate in describing my curiosity of feeling connected with everyone else and the wonderment of just being a part of something bigger and having my life some how be intertwined with others. Because the word resonated so well with my core being and outlook on life, I wanted to use and incorporate it as my alias for my blog, Instagram, and other social media handles as my second identity. I decided to add the word "wonder" as part of the name because it rhymed with "sonder" and gave a nice ring to the name as a whole. Besides the rhyming aspect, part of the feeling and meaning of "sonder" includes the factor of wonder- and wondering and pondering with this feeling of "sonder." And that's how this blog was born. 

I decided to create a blog where I can share my own life, my story, my adventures, and my experiences with others in the world so, in a way, others can feel or see how our lives are intertwined, even if it is someone who just stumbled upon my blog and glanced over it. For those who stare out their windows at the moon every night and think about what it'd be like to live halfway across the world or be in someone else's shoes, for those who wonder about that feeling of "sonder" all the time, hopefully this blog fully lives up to the meaning and name. 

Stay tuned for recent updates of what's been happening with me and for a recap post on Bumbershoot this week. Next week, look for a special post on my most recent collaboration project using my Instagram photos. I will be going to several fashion events this month and will have blog posts on those events as well. On another note, I just dyed my hair and managed to fix it after a hair fiasco with the salon. I'm happy with how it turned out and am glad that I was able to salvage it. I'll have an updated picture soon, once I decide to take a selfie but I'm too lazy and I don't like taking pictures of my face. Anyways, have a great rest of your week and I'll talk to you guys again soon!

~Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment