Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Live the way you are"- Romanticized Randomness Outfit Pics Pt. 2

Outfit details: sneakers and sweater skirt from Zara, long sleeve sweatshirt and beanie from Aritzia

Outfit details: gray overalls from Abercrombie & Fitch, booties from DSW, infinity scarf from H&M, gray Levi's jean jacket

Outfit details: beanie, blue button up, and leggings from Aritzia, sweater and shoes from Zara

Outfit details: Zara head to toe

Outfit details: sportsy bomber jacket from Urban Outfitters, long t-shirt and leggings from H&M, shoes from Adidas

Outfit details: sportsy mixed colors crewneck from Urban Outfitters x Fila collab, jeggings from American Eagle, shoes from New Balance 

Part 2 to the Outfit Photos Series 

These are the most recent outfit pictures taken before going to NY and concludes the Romanticized Randomness fashion pics series. After going to NY, I've gotten so much inspiration and had such an amazing experience and time there, I couldn't be more happy to have had such an awesome opportunity. It was a great mini vacation and get away that provided further new perspectives and adventures. I can't wait to relay to you in detail about my trip in the NY post following this one. 

I've been reading more international fashion magazines and have been drawing more inspiration from all the different style patterns and upcoming trends. From some of my recent reads, there were several inspiring quotes that I felt really hit home with me on finding or expanding on my own personal fashion style. 

1) "What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today when human contact goes so fast. Fashion is an instant language." - Miuccia Prada

2) "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." -Coco Chanel

3) "Dressing is a way of life." -Yves Saint Laurent

4) "Fashions fade, style is eternal." -Yves Saint Laurent 

5) "Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live." -Gianni Versace 

Upon reading these quotes, I realize that fashion includes expressing the clothes that I feel really help me exude confidence in being comfortable with myself and in my own skin. Forming my own personal style is a type of art form and way of life that helps express who I am. I am not one specific type, label, fit, or molded style. Some days I feel like dressing sportsy chic, others maybe hipster or boho, some times maybe I would like to be cutesy or dress in "girlier" pieces, and maybe the majority of the times I try to dress in a cool, street, bad ass chick style. 
But I'm not gonna really care or figure out what "kind" I am. I like to experiment and sometimes try pieces I wouldn't normally wear or that are outside my typical comfort zone. Randomness, being spontaneous, and taking chances or risks not only in my style and fashion should be romanticized, if not greatly encouraged. I would like to step outside my comfort zone in other aspects of my life besides just my style sense. I hope in slowly discovering more about myself and my tastes in fashion, art, and clothes, this "exploring" will also slowly transition over, positively, in other areas of my life. In the end, no matter what, I will decide for myself who I am, how I dress, and how I want to live my life. 

In terms of fashion, lifestyle, and where I currently am in life, no matter how confusing the journey in self-discovery is and where I am right now, like what Tim Gunn says, "make it work!," whatever it is that you currently have or are dealt with. :) And so far, things have been working out just fine, even if it's not ideally the "best."

I hope you all have been well and enjoying the last few weeks of winter before we get into March and spring! I swear, time is always flying faster and faster than I can recall, and next thing you know February will be over and gone just like that! 

Keep in touch, and I hope you all are enjoying your 2016 so far! I'm sending you all good vibes and wishing you happiness and success.

I'll talk to you guys soon,

~Tiff 

P.S. Happy Belated Lunar New Year! Another day or chance for a new start, to hit refresh, or to have a "clean slate," especially for those of us, (me included), who like the concept of having an actual day that signifies opportunity for starts and beginnings. Every day is a new day though! ;) Anyways, I hope for those who did celebrate it, that you were able to enjoy and celebrate with family and loved ones. February is known for the month of love, but I believe every day should be filled with love. Oh man, I am sorry (kinda) for all the cheesiness that is oozing out of my post today. But who doesn't like cheese? Alright, I'm gonna sign off before I do any further damage. 

SIDE NOTE: HARDCOPY PRINTED LOOKBOOK FOR 2015 COMING SOON!! (It's completed, I just need to have it printed out!) when that happens, I'll create a photo album for the pages and upload the scans on my FB page! Keep on the lookout! :)
https://www.facebook.com/sonderwonder 

No comments:

Post a Comment