Monday, April 3, 2017

LA la Land 2017

LACMA

Somi Somi Ice Cream 

Los Angeles Museum of Modern Art

Street Sidewalk Art 

Google LA

Brunch at The Anchor: French toast and lobster eggs benedict

LA Vibes: hipster street style mixed with street art 

Rooftop Views from the Google LA office

Coffee, tea, and dessert at a cafe popular to the locals in Venice Beach. Saw Jonah Hill here.

LA's old Chinatown, vintage feels 

City of Stars

Panoramic view from the Getty

Beautiful architecture of the Getty Museum

Getting baked with yummy baked goods from Mr. Holmes Bakeshop in LA. Try the churro croissant and their cashew milk. 

Huntington Library: Art Collections & Botanical Gardens

La La Land

I have long been done with school and graduated. But I still had my own spring break, because I needed some sort of vacation. I needed a break. A breathe of fresh air. A breather. It was like spring cleaning for my mind. I just needed to get away from everything for awhile. I decided to revisit the city of stars after being inspired by La La Land. The mini vacation was just more time for me to self reflect and dig deeper; more soul searching. Sunshine, beaches, palm trees, new art, and endless diverse food options definitely made me feel some type of way; a good way. The trip was full of good vibes all around. I was able to tour the Google offices in Venice beach, the YouTube space, and made a trek out to the desert, past Coachella, and to Salvation Mountain. The highlights of my trip are shown above.

One night, my cousin and I went to a viewpoint up in the hills where you can gaze at the entire LA skyline. The lights from the city looked like stars, living up to the La La Land theme song. Do they shine bright for me? Even if they didn't, just standing there and looking at the city's bright lights and skyline gave me calm relief. My future was starting to look brighter and less bleak. The trip had shed some new light for me. I'm not only going to keep on dreaming, I'm going to keep on chasing. I'm going to put myself out there, take more risks and chances, and sometimes just fully dive right in. I'll strive to keep on growing and to keep on making myself better. Like the flowers, I want to bloom and continue to blossom. That would be groundbreaking. 

Miss you guys. I hope you've been doing well. If you see this post, thank you for sticking around or for giving me a chance. :) 

More pictures, photo shoots, adventures, projects, events, and updates coming soon. Keep in touch!

~ Tiff 

No comments:

Post a Comment